Kriya Sadhana ~ The Gateway
- Divine alchemy occurs when we become free of attachments, uncover our true nature and become devoted to the truly good and beautiful.
- Resulting Samadhi is the key freeing one from the causes of all sorrow & suffering
- The Kleshas; doubts, ego pride, strong likes, or dislikes, and fear of death; drive us in search.
- Mind unknown is a fallow field and it’s cultivation a mystery; each thought planted there may be subtly different. Knowing them not we taste and choose as we wish.
- By trial & error we learn what seems good or bad; yet find it hard to know for sure.
- From doubts we seek self confidence, yet may be led further astray
- Even with our doubts we find out what brings pleasure or pain
- Pleasure and pain we measure by a mix of reward and punishment
- Bound & attached, yet eternal optimist, we yearn life & fear death
- These 5 kleshas are like subtle mystery guides not prone to superficial clues
- Only the kriya alchemy of samadhi transforms our view & turns us inside out.
- Kleshas like mystery guides, treated lightly, breed lifetimes of karmic learning opportunities
- Each moment now is a breeding ground for the future; in quality, power, color & feeling.
- Now is the state of your consciousness; habitual or creative, dull or bright, that alone foretells
- The wise see life like riding a cloud ever changing, from calm to stormy to fading
- Seeing clearly the cause of suffering choose now to understand life differently.
- All things, us included, are “cloud like” never the same, & attachment causes pain
- Yet the subtle qualities, qualities of life, can as well bring joy and fulfillment
- All things have many interesting qualities; some active or passive and subtle or gross
- True Self, is like a clear mirror, immutable; but the seer may become colored by conditions
- Qualities of “all this” the seen, here always seeking the appreciation of the seer
- For the true seer there is only the one, but those who sees the other seek for many more
- Then a seer identified with the seen becomes as though glued by contact
- A mirror lost in the reflected image becomes forgetful of itself.
- Awakened from the trance of forgetfulness, the bond of illusions are broken
- Awakened in clarity, sorrow & pain flee like the illusions they are
- This awakening is like climbing 7 levels to a broader clearer view
The Vahiranga of Ashtanga Yoga ~ The Objective Outer Branches
- 8 perspectives help remove doubts & uncertainties; one may see for one’s self, truth as it is
- The 8 views are yamas, niyamas, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, samadhi.
- Yamas ~ Avoid 5 Corruptions ~ violence, falsehood, stealing, sex abuse, greed
- These vows remain true & great when universal; unconditioned by circumstance
- Niyamas are; Ethics of purity, contentment, austerity, study, devotion
- If ill thoughts arise seek to apply their corrective
- Vitarkas, wrong thoughts, arise with levels of intensity, & can wisely be disarmed
- Ahimsa is to be free of inner violence; then one’s field of influence is naturally at peace
- Satya ~ Truthfulness is fruitful like the life giving sun
- Asteya requires an honest respect for all gifts; one returns high value for goodness received
- Brahmacharya is devoted yearning, for one pointed attention to the samadhi of divine union
- Aparigraha is the freedom of offering ones all to every moment
- Shaucha is a contented childlike purity, as though free of bodily need
- Innocence of body leads to an innocence of mind & purity of senses
- Contentment arises which nurtures inner peace & happiness
- Established in purity of body, feelings & thoughts, one becomes purely conscious
- And fit for higher studies of a subtle nature
- like a pure vessel prepared to be filled with the spirit of light
- Then one is able to enjoy a still & pleasant poise
- Steady without distraction attention soars to the light
- And experiences a harmonious balance of all opposites
- Even calming the breath until it becomes
- Uncalled for, unrestrained, peacefully slowed
- stilled, internalized within the pranic energy field
- Finally stopped, no wind blows the flame of pure consciousness
- Then mind is released from all distractions
- and becomes fully attentive to the inner presence of OM
- awareness of the outer drops, only adoration of the one within remains